On July 4th to 15th 2022, FrieslandCampina Institute and Wageningen University and Research collaborate to bring to you the second edition of the online Summer School on Dairy Nutrition and Health.
Date: Monday 4th July 2022 to Friday 15th July 2022
Duration: 10 days
Course format: Online
Credits: Based on your attendance you will receive a certificate at the end of the Summer School
Are you interested in engaging with experts who have both scientific knowledge and practical experience in the world of dairy? Do you want to know more about dairy products, in relation to the current interest for plant based diets? Are you eager to learn how processing affects nutrient values of dairy products? Interested translating dairy science into relevant practice? Then this interactive Summer School on Dairy Nutrition and Health is the right programme for you.
Why join this Summer School?
By attending this programme you will:
- Understand current and future trends in the world of dairy science
- Learn about the role processing plays in creating safe, stable and nutritious products
- Understand the effects of breeding, feeding and farm management on milk quality
- Expand your knowledge in the area of nutrition and health
- Explore the concept of circular dairy farming
- Expand your knowledge on sustainable diets
- Connect with knowledge experts and like-minded participants
For whom is this Summer School?
This Summer School is suitable for food scientists and technologists, nutritionists, dietitians, researchers, working professionals and any other individuals with an interest in dairy nutrition and health.
Outline and topics
The programme includes a variety of lectures, knowledge clips, case study presentations and group work. The following topics with regard to dairy nutrition and health will be discussed.
- The role of milk and dairy products in the human diet
- Breeding and feeding for health, nutrition and sustainability
- Processing of dairy products: for safe, stable and nutritious products.
- From nutrient to nutrition: dairy matrix effects
To maintain the quality of interaction between participants and presenters, there is a limited number of space available for the Summer School.