The webinar was held on December 1, 2020. Watch the recording here:
Who? Nutrition and health professionals
Costs? This webinar is provided free of charge by FrieslandCampina Institute
Duration? 60 minutes (45 minutes presentation and 15 minutes for live Q&A)
This webinar is accredited by following:
- Singapore Nutrition and Dietetics Association (SNDA) – 1 credit point
- ADAP (Dutch dietitians) – 1 credit point
What will you learn?
- The behavioural origins of health issues
- Sociocultural and food systems context of health and nutrition behaviour
- Nudging consumers towards healthy nutrition and lifestyle through innovative behaviour change interventions
- The state of behaviour change interventions and their successes
- Untapped collaboration potentials between behaviour change communication experts and health and nutrition professionals
About the speaker
Expertise: Community nutrition, micronutrient deficiency and food science.
Folake Samuel obtained a Bachelors degree in Food Science and Technology (1994), Masters (1997) and Doctoral degrees (2005) in Human Nutrition in Nigeria, and completed her postdoctoral training (2007) in South Africa. She is a lecturer at the University of Ibadan, where her teaching and research activities focus on community nutrition, micronutrient nutrition, food systems and child feeding. She has been involved in multinational collaborative research projects and also served as committee member and consultant to several national and international organizations including public and private sector. Her scholarly and professional contributions have been documented as peer-reviewed journal articles, chapters-in-books, conference proceedings and technical reports.
About the moderator
Dr Chiaka Charles Nkwoala
Chiaka Charles Nkwoala is a community nutritionist with speciality in Nutrition Education and a lecturer in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State, Nigeria. He was involved in several community nutrition education programmes and capacity building in nutrition education in Nigeria. Charles is a member of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria, Nutrition Society UK and Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology and serves in several committees at the university, state and national levels.